15 March, 2008

no title

A guy (say MrQ) on group microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet have posted a funny question

MrQ
Hi,
Can I backup & restore my sql server database from aspx page located on a
client machine ?
Thank You.
First answer (say MrA)
Sure you can .

use BACKUP DATABASE sql statement..

Just remember do not connect to the DB you want to back up. Connect to
master DB

MrQ
Thank you for your reply.
How can I implment this?
MrA
I am afraid you cant. If you asking this
MrQ
Sure I know how to backup and restore a db using sql server 2000 or 2005. Im
asking about how can I provide a web form, using asp.net 2.0, to the client
that can let him or her do the same task remotely?
Hmm, he can use sql statement to play with sql server but don't know how to use it in .net

2 comments:

Chubby said...

hey, I'm the one that dont know how to do like mrQ. Can U show me how?

Duy Lam said...

It's just an alias that I named for that guy. Q = question guy. A = answer guy :D